Monday, September 29, 2008

our weekend




Barry and I went to Manteo to Brandy's wedding this past weekend, and it was wonderful!! The rain stayed away so that they could say their vows on the dock at sunset as planned! Nobody thought that it would happen after the weather last week. Brandy looked so beautiful and happy, and the reception was elegant and simple. We stayed later than almost anyone, just dancing and catching up with Brandy and her family. My feet were black from dancing barefoot in the grass for so long with B! I sang "Realize" for their first dance as a surprise- she loved it! (She had asked me to sing a song for the first dance, but didn't tell me what to sing! I remembered her saying that "Realize" reminded her of Jon!) The reception was outside in white tents with brown, lime green, and cream-colored Chinese lanterns. The main cake was peanut butter and chocolate and the Bride's cake was Key Lime- delicious! Everything was gorgeous. Barry was, of course, the best looking thing there:) My only complaint about the wedding is that even though it was sunny and a comfortable 70 odd degrees, I GOT BEACH HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, well...
I had never been to the Outer Banks before, and it was very pretty. I admit, however, that I didn't see what made it any better than Topsail, so I wouldn't probably drive the extra hour there again! We went to the beach at Nags Head and hung out, and we did notice that the birds and crabs seemed very familiar with humans. I have stated in an earlier post how I dislike birds in close proximity, so this didn't go over well with me! Barry took me to the big dunes near Kitty Hawk where the hang gliders jump from and that was really cool. He had remembered going there as a kid and wanted me to see it. Saturday night, we had dinner with Brandy's family and then went out dancing. We randomly chose a bar with live music and the band ended up being awesome!! We had a blast and enjoyed our much -needed weekend away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad the weather was great. I know it was a beautiful wedding, and I wish them much happiness. Glad you had a fun time together.love you.

Anonymous said...

So good to hear you all had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Where are you?

Anonymous said...

Where is the blog update??? I'm missing it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the highlight on your Sept page!
Sen me those pics too! Can't wait for our weekend in Nov!! Its only been 9 mths of planning!
Love Yas
Brandy

Where in the World Are You, Blogstalkers?

Movies I happen to love...

  • Dan in Real Life
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula
  • I Am David
  • Life is Beautiful
  • Moonstruck
  • No Country For Old Men
  • Ratatouille
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • The Usual Suspects
  • Waking Ned Devine
  • When Harry Met Sally

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
44
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


mom and me

mom and me